[LRflex] Re: IMG: more Goldeneye ducks

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:30:19 -0800

At 1/12/2010, you wrote:
>Doug
>I can see why you got rid of the lens and others negative comments
>on this lens and mirrors in general. I actually had an old mirror,
>used it twice before turning it into a paperweight. But the Bokeh on
>this image is downright distracting from the subject.

HI Andy!

I had a Russian MTO, some years back... used it for shooting an
Eclipse of the Sun, from aboard ship.  No problems with bokeh ...
things were either brilliant or black!

See the 1998 entries under
http://www.main.furnfeather.net/eclipse/eclipse_index.htm

However, in any other use, the lens exhibited OK sharpness, but
noticeable curvature of field, serious vignetting and low contrast.
Other aspects were so poor, I never bothered about the bokeh!  I
quickly sold it.

---
David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.