[LRflex] Re: IMG: beach birds

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 17:23:16 +0200

Is it due to the temperature? I mean the water may still be cold at this time of day - or is it the general habit of these species to stand on one leg (with the second half of their landing-gear retracted in the plumage I mean)?

phx

David Young wrote:

At 15/05/2008, you wrote:

Tuesday morning I made a quick trip to the San Francisco area and found
that I had extra time right around sunrise, so I visited South Shore beach
in Alameda (across the bay from SF) where I found a few shorebirds:

Sanderling:
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/scolopacidae/sand01.jpg

Black-bellied Plover, still in winter plumage:
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/charadriidae/bbpl00.jpg

G'Mornin' Doug!

So, how did you manage to find two birds who were both amputees?  ;-)

Seriously ... great shots, in great light.

Thanks.