[LRflex] IMG: a dreary winter's day by the canal

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, MUG <MUGers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:27:56 +0100

Hi all,

A very soggy, slushy and monochrome day today, lots of snow overnight and now its drizzly and thawing.

Our son (21) just buggered off with the car without asking - so guess who had to walk along the canal bank to the local supermarket to get some coffee!

As if the weather wasn't depressing enough.

If he wasn't over 6ft tall and didn't spend half his time pumping iron, I'd probably beat the living daylights out of him when he gets back ;-)

Anyway, I took a camera along, there weren't any colours to speak of, so here are some equally dreary B&W shots.

A nice place to sit - in summer
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0566_Dec2009.jpg.html

German signposts just make my day - everything's forbidden - and if you slip and fall, it's your own fault
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0571_Dec2009.jpg.html

The supermarket is at the other end of this bridge - and then some
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0572_Dec2009.jpg.html

Barges on their way to Rotterdam
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0572_Dec2009.jpg.html

I actually rather like the bow-wave on this one - shot from the bridge
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0577_2_Dec2009.jpg.html

Same again - with a quartet of ducks
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0577_Dec2009.jpg.html

And again - with 4 different ducks
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0578_Dec2009.jpg.html

The 4 ducks again - swimming in a different formation
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0579_Dec2009.jpg.html

Nearly home - a barge passing the back of our house
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0583_Dec2009.jpg.html

Some berries - thawing quickly
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_0587_2_Dec2009.jpg.html

Hope the sun is shining wherever you are
Douglas

begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1