[LRflex] Re: IMG: Yesterday's bird.

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:06:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Oiseaux/Rouge-Queue-Femelle.jpg.html

If I'm not mistaken the English name for this bird is either Redstart or Black
Redstart; since the male is so much darker than this female I'm guessing it's
the Black Redsart (fr: Rougequeue noir)

Your picture is good enough that it's very easy to identify the bird, and
that's a bigger accomplishment than many of us realize!  Better pictures will
involve getting closer.  The lighting, posture and background are already quite
good.

I might have chosen to use a larger aperture, or if possible to move so that
there would be fewer bright highlights in the background.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com