[LRflex] IMG: Webster

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LeicaReflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 18:12:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I've just returned from the California Foundation for Birds of Prey open house;
I'll have several more photos posted sooner or later but the first is a flight
demonstration of a falconry bird, Webster:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/falconidae/webster02.jpg

Webster is a captive-bred hybrid Lanner x Saker falcon ("Laker") who earns his
keep working pest control for California agriculture.  Webster is flown near
crops to keep pest birds like starlings or blackbirds away from tasty crops.

Technical stuff: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, shoulder stock, cropped.  Bummed that I
cut his wingtip off.  All comments welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com