[LRflex] Re: IMG: The Isle of Dogs

  • From: "j. white" <jwhite123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:45:23 -0800

Phillipe,

Nice images. I am particularly drawn to Time 2.

My how The Isle of Dogs has changed since I was last there! That was in
1986, two days after American bombers took off from British airfields to
bomb Libya (the Reagan/Thatcher years were in full effect). On a
recommendation from some friends in the US, I was staying with a crew of
squatters in a row of abandoned council houses. There were a lot of
anti-America sentiments among my people, but international good will
prevailed between us over the course of the weeks I spent there.

Thank you for sharing. And jogging a number of good memories!

-J.