[LRflex] Re: IMG: Summer idyll

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 06:31:50 -0700

G'Mornin' Peter!

Other than the modern stroller and chairs, it could be one of those scenes you
see in old photos, from - say - 1915.

I am always fascinated by the "look" of images from the Leica Monochrome. The
certainly do not look the same as an image from an M8 or M9, which has had the
colour removed (de-saturated).

Thanks for sharing!

David.

--
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake,BC, CANADA

This scene made me feel as I do when listening to the opening of
"Knoxville: Summer of 1915," a piece for soprano and orchestra by Samuel
Barber, to a poem by James Agee.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/20313660581/in/dateposted-public/>

Click on the picture or on the arrows at the upper right to see it
bigger. Leica MM v.1, 35mm Summicron. Enjoy!

--Peter