[LRflex] Re: IMG: Street photography - Italy with CV wideangle lenses

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:08:07 +0100

Hi Philippe,

actually, a lot of the work had already been completed below ground level by a German company that usually does contracts for preventing damage from mining subsidence.

It was a chance not to be missed - around 6:30 on a cool and sunny morning at the end of April, a long walk before breakfast before an all-day conference about the use of geophysical surveys and advanced data processing for locating geothermal hotspots for power generation in Tuscany.

Pisa is almost deserted at that time in the morning - not a tourist in sight.

Cheers
Douglas

Philippe AMARD wrote:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Italy/1Image4-1_edited-1-Edit-2.jpg.html

This one shows the date I guess - they must have finished restauring it by now - and also that the works were not so much needed ;-)

Very nice series Douglas - makes me long for Italy, and particularly the beautiful light of Tuscany.

Thanks for rekindling fond memories.
Amitiés from Hannover-weathered Metz.
Philippe

Douglas Sharp wrote:

Hello all,

I generally stick to things like steam trains and flowers and leave street photography to experts like Lluis.

But, today it's snowing again, so I took some time to process some old slides (2003) that had terrible colour casts (either old stock,bad developing or X-ray machines in Italian airports) and decided to use almost every possible option in Lightroom 2.3 and convert them to BW in PS.

Hope you like them. Comments and critique more than welcome.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Italy/

There's even one with a Signorina :-)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Italy/1Image15-3-Edit.jpg.html

Technical details: Leica M6 and Minolta CLE + CV 12 and 15 mm lenses, shot on Fuji film.

Cheers
Douglas