[LRflex] Re: IMG: PAW 47 - OIS at its best

  • From: AMARD philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 18:47:11 +0100

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:21:15 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Of course you could also have used something other than
>ISO 100.

Nikon does that fine, but I haven't got one, yet? Waiting to see if the R9.2 Diesel can beat that. Why not after all. Then imagine 3.2 sec and ISO 16500 with a summilux ... nearly shooting in braille.

I've also had success at 1/15 sec with the
>280mm lens, considering its nearly 6x magnification
>equivalent to 3 seconds with a 50mm lens, but it's not
>something I'd expect to work every time.

That's an achievement, of course. No monopod involved?
Now, 3.2sec when you read that M users claim 1/8th as the lower limit in good conditions, I think it makes a valuable difference.

 This without
>adding extra air/glass surfaces to the lens or
>de-centering any elements, as optical image stabilization
>does.
Out of my purpose and interest in those light conditions. Better that shot than none IMHO. No artistic or photographic value. Just a reminder of a nice Princess asleep while the parents were celebrating.
And I simply wanted to share my surprise.

Thanks again for viewing and commenting.
Amitiés
Philippe