[LRflex] Re: IMG: PAW 47 - OIS at its best

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 07:50:51 -0800

At 22/11/2008, you wrote:
Hi listers,

Optical Image Stabilization systems such as these MUST be featured on the R 9.2 Diesel lens line to come.

I shot three frames, this one is the less blurry; watch the exif.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2oo8/?g2_page=6>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2oo8/?g2_page=6

Amitiés de Strasbourg dressed in white snow.
Phx

Incredible!!!

I have managed over 1 second, bracing the camera body against a lamp-post or window-sill, using Leica-R's without any IS. But even there, one must take several tries before you get one that works.

But 3.3 seconds, is truly amazing - even for well braced hands!

Best from Logan Lake, also dressed in 25mm of fresh snow.