[LRflex] Re: IMG: PAW 11 Alt. Phx - Douglas's edit is now up

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:48:18 +0100

thanks again Douglas - I've just posted a new edit next to yours

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2009/2009-PAW-11-Alt1-remake-1090018.jpg.html>
is the fur any better ?
TIA
Ph

Douglas Sharp wrote:

Steve,

a quick and dirty bit of dodging, burning and blur on the jpg between 2 translations - the overall balance looks quite good, but it's not exactly state of the art image processing :-) Just a pointer in the direction I thought it might possibly go. Perhaps it now needs some fur recovery software. It also lost a bit of "warmth when I played around with various colour saturation parameters - a bit of red and yellow need to be put back in.

Cheers
Douglas

Steve Barbour wrote:

On Mar 17, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Philippe AMARD wrote:

Thanks David

No hard feeling - I am here to learn after all. :-D

Douglas has sent me an edit that works better . :-)
It is the last one here
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2009/?g2_page=3

terrific...  nice job...

what happened to the tip of that cat's tail ?

Steve

I'll go back to the RAW file as soon as I can

Thanks again
Philippe

David Young wrote:

At 3/16/2009, you wrote:

David Young wrote:

At 3/16/2009, you wrote:

Well cats and paws, this should make sense for a few alternates to my PAW 11
Starting here :
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2009/Ingra-1090018.jpg.html

Hi Philippe!

0018 is very dark ... though on my calibrated monitor, there is detail in the lighter fur, but not in the darker patches

What I wanted was the eyes - yet have you seen the first one large? if not can you confirm that all detail is lost

thanks for viewing and for helping David
Philippe

Good Mornin' Philippe!

Viewed large, it shows a wee bit more detail on my monitor, but is still lacking detail in the dark fur. The eyes look good, but IMHO, the eyes (though sharp) are not enough to carry the photo.

Sorry to sound so negative, but the others look good!

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net
Personal Website: www.main.furnfeather.net