[LRflex] Re: IMG: Old Cat - New Toy

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 03:52:40 +0200

It works for me too, Bill,
I don't really know how to describe it - perhaps "planes of contrast"
(or something similarly impossible in 2 dimensions :-) )
The most effective are in the woodlands and on the Road to Montalvo - it
must be the alternating light and shade and, on the Montalvo shot, the
brightly lit leaves more or less in the middle of the left hand trees
just seem to pop out of the screen. The Merced River shot is like a long
flight of steps leading you into the mountains, it somehow works like
the scenery in those cardboard cut-out toy theatres.
Cheers and thanks for showing them
Douglas