[LRflex] Re: IMG: New Gallery - Trains and lots of steam in BW

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:59:49 -0700

Douglas Sharp showed:

Subject: [LRflex] IMG: New Gallery - Trains and lots of steam in BW

A new gallery almost completed - this year's colour shots of trains were so
dull (it rained nearly all day), so I decided to convert them to black and
white. More to come when I find time

While I was about it I added some from last year too - Hope you like them.

The gallery starts here: http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/NYMR_2008_BW/
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/NYMR_2008_BW/%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%

Hi Douglas,

Super set of photographs! I love them in B&W as it shows a nostalgia factor
much better than seeing them in colour. This is such a wonderful collection
of images with feelings beyond just the photos alone, I can't get over how
they illustrate the power of B&W over colour when it comes to an era of
steam locomotives.

ted