[LRflex] Re: IMG: More Boobies

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:55:15 -0800

On 21/02/2009, you wrote:

I visited Waimanalo again yesterday morning and found a couple more Red-footed Boobies:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/sulidae/rfbo02.html
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/sulidae/rfbo03.html

My previous experience with these birds at this location suggested that a lens as long as the 560mm lens wasn't required, and I wanted the benefit of an automatic diaphragm so I used the 280mm f/4 with 1.4x APO-Extender instead. Other technical stuff: R8/DMR, ISO 400, shoulder stock. All comments welcome.

Both great catches, Doug!

But I must agree with the almost universal opinion that the second is the better of the two.

Thanks for sharing with us. :-)

Questions...

1) are these full frame with the 280/4+1.4ex?
2) How is the little one doing? :-)