[LRflex] Re: IMG: More Boobies

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:24:47 -0500

Doug Herr wrote:
I visited Waimanalo again yesterday morning and found a couple more Red-footed
Boobies:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/sulidae/rfbo02.html
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/sulidae/rfbo03.html

My previous experience with these birds at this location suggested that a lens
as long as the 560mm lens wasn't required, and I wanted the benefit of an
automatic diaphragm so I used the 280mm f/4 with 1.4x APO-Extender instead.
Other technical stuff: R8/DMR, ISO 400, shoulder stock.  All comments welcome.
Doug,
  Two more winners!  Makes me wish the SL extender wasn't
so bloody scarce.

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
 one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein