[LRflex] Re: IMG - Men and trains - in BW

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:04:02 +0200

Rachel,
thanks for taking a look.

Re: film cameras - I was planning to take a Rollei 3003 and a Leica R7 with a Canon (film) body as a back-up. It turned out that this set up + film was all too heavy for cabin baggage on the plane, around 3 kilos more than digital and memory cards, so this holiday was my first purely digital trip.

Another advantage of the digital revolution? I would usually have taken about 50 x 36 exp. films along

It was very noticeable that more women shoot with mid to upper price bracket cameras in the UK than here in Germany.

I wonder why - perhaps a totally different marketing pitch?

Cheers
Douglas
Rachel wrote:
Douglas Sharp wrote:
Thanks Charlie,
What surprised me was the number of women of all ages visiting the railway, most of them without their husbands/partners and with DSLRs too (mostly Nikon).

Seems that the fascination is not just for us "machine machos".

Cheers
Douglas

Well, yes Douglas, we can find trains interesting as well :-D and even film cameras ;-)

Rachel