[LRflex] Re: IMG: Listen to your Eyes - the End

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:25:21 -0700

philippe.amard SHOWED:
Subject: [LRflex] IMG: Listen to your Eyes - the End

> The final leg starts here (move to the right from there).
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Doulce+France/Metz/MTZ-Listen+to+Your+Eyes-3893.jpg.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/5vk5sua

Philipe mon ami,
I find great joy in shooting digital by evening lights, stage entertainment
or outdoor evening lit cafes as you've shown here. I suppose digital
exposure catches every nuance of light levels film never did. Even with push
processing, it never caught the light levels of digital.

Another neat thing with digital and available light in the evenings,
"subjects whomever they maybe?" Think you're fooling around looking like you
are taking pictures, because they don't see a "twinkie-light flash" go off.
When one can be snapping away capturing most interesting images. Sometimes
rather revealing life moments.

By the same token some may complain about a "grainy look." OOPS! Sorry old
film speak! :-) .... I meant a noisy look, "get over it!" Ask yourself....
"Do you want neat evening available light moments or a Kodachrome sunny 16
effect? Me? I'll take the evening look taken under unimaginable light levels
capturing the mood of the evening and location.

With summer sort of just around the corner, regardless of dates in this part
of the world, more outdoor evening events take place opening a whole new
adventure in trying ones hand at "If you can see it.... You can shoot it!"
:-)

Certainly on one's holidays "street life in the evening" can create some of
the most interesting photos of a holiday adventure. Give it a try.

As you've shown here it's quite easy and no pressure for absolute success if
you happen to blow it! :-) But think positive and shoot without fear. After
all you maybe just sitting there enjoying a cold beer and happy snapping
away just having a good time as a "digital night photographer!" :-)

cheers,
ted