[LRflex] Re: IMG: Holiday Snaps and Postcards - Chapter 2 - Impressions de Barcelone I - Miha

  • From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:23:19 +0200

Miha Golobic wrote:

Good morning Philippe,
great collection!

Thanks you Miha, these are only Holiday Snaps and Postcards I send to you all .
No pretence to real stuff here.

But my favourite is Les Vacances de M.Hulot

About M. Hulot, I don't know if you know the film by Jacques Tati; if you don't, don't miss any opportunity to view it - it is sheer poetry in the modern world by a master of BW, second only to Chaplin IMHO. BTW language should be no handicap as there are no words from what I remember, yet the most fantastic soundtrack, ever!!!

with Flamenco not far behind.

Cute pose is it not? ;-)
Thanks again

Philippe

Cheers, Miha 2009/9/3 Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx <mailto:philippe.amard@xxxxxx>>

    Bille Xavier F. wrote:

    Bonjour Phil!
Totems for BC, Olympics for Ted, references to classical French
    Film, all is well thought
I'm always surprised by the quality of your verticals

    Thganks Xavier
    I try not tilt to the camera - at the expense of  cropping later
    on either the top or the bottom + rotation in LR helps as the VF
    of the L1 is somewhat, euh, somewhat smaller than others ;-)
    I rarely fiddle with the perspective tools provided in PS.
    Yet this one totem shot is nearly as is from the sensor

    and composition.

    crops a lot Philumix - a pro told me once I framed too tight -
    lesson learnt - I lose a few pixels in the process, but I find the
    pleasure of lab work - just the good part of it , in LR.

Barcelona is on my wish list since asome time.

    Worth the visit, really - been twice - and now Ryanair provides so
    real cheap flights there (120 euros Return for two, tax inclusive,
    faster and cheaper than TGV ...) that I could buy the 7-14 down
    the Rambla ;-)

    But as I am moving to a new house, it has to wait till the dust
    settle down a little.

    Take courage !
    Amitiés
    Philippe

    Have a nice day.

    ---------------------------------
    Xavier F. BILLE
    Maisons-Alfort - France.

    <mailto:leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    > Subject: [LRflex] IMG: Holiday Snaps and Postcards - Chapter 2
    - Impressions de Barcelone I

    > Just uploaded a couple of pixes - it is not Lluis's Barcelona,
    is he not
    > the Master. Rather, more touristic sights revisited.
    >
    > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Barcelona+2009_001/
    > Better viewed larger as more often than not.
    >
    > C&C welcome
    > Philippe
    > .

    > http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/
    > Archives are at:
    > //www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex/

    Share your memories online with anyone you want anyone you want.

<http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/products/photos-share.aspx?tab=1>