[LRflex] Re: IMG: Hawaiian birds

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 19:58:28 +0100

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm spending a few weeks in Hawaii waiting for my granddaughter to make an
appearance, and while waiting I've found a few birds in the Kailua area of
Oahu.  I'm not on my regular computer so I won't guarantee the colors are
accurate.

Hawaiian Coot:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/rallidae/haco00.jpg
Great shot Doug.
Thanks for the name - not exclusive to Hawaii though
http://perso.numericable.fr/phamard/zoo/arpenteur.jpg

"Hawaiian" Black-necked Stilt:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/recurvirostridae/bnst01.jpg

This one is a keeper - and good for the next book.

Thanks for sharing
Philippe

Black-crowned Night Heron:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/bnhe01.jpg
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/bnhe02.jpg

technical stuff:  R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R, all except last with 1.4x
APO-Extender-R, shoulder stock & monopod.  All comments welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Kailua
http://www.wildlightphoto.com