[LRflex] Re: IMG Green Heron

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:48:24 +0200

Thanks Doug - the SL really did a good job in your hands.
And I didn't know about "cormorans" so much at the beginning of last month LoL
Learning curse is now set at 255 in my raw brains..

Thanks for sharing it all.
phx

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

bob palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This blue heron - green heron thing has been known to elude me also. I've taken to waiting for the birds to preen out feathers, but in the end it's the body shape that usually makes the distinction for me. Here's a preened green from a coupla seasons back:

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/70497744

And here's a "blue" from a coupla weeks ago:

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/96821412

Not really very blue, is he??

To further confuse things here's a Little Blue Heron:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/lbhe01.html

However the above photo is of an immature bird, here's the adult:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/lbhe00.html

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com