[LRflex] Re: IMG: Friday's Flower - WAS Yosemite - NOW Leikon

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:42:10 -0700

Hi Philippe.

You loose aperture control with any adapted R lens solution thusfar.  The
big advantage of the DMR solution, but for me it disadvantages, most being
weight.  I usually focus wide open then stop down.  The focus assist works,
too, but I wish it would make a noise when it detected focus, like my Rebel
did.  I also have to make an exposure compensation when I stop down in "A"
mode, but it is not as sever as it was with the Canon.  Otherwise the
exposure is overexposed.

The viewfinder is pretty good.  It is way better than the Rebel I had
before.  However, I still am using the eyepiece magnifer I was using on the
Rebel.  It was a Nikon accessory anyway, so it fits great.  I admit that
without that accessory the viewfinder would be hard to work.  I am hoping to
research a viewscreen replacement for the 7000.  My main problem is that
there are no camera repair facilities within 150 miles, so I would have to
send the camera in for someone to replace the screen, as I don't think they
are user replicable friendly.  If you find a nice split screen that works,
let me know, and I will make the plunge.

I am enjoying the camera very much.  High ISO noise is pretty darn good.  I
am sure your D700 is better since it is full frame.  I thought of the D700,
but too heavy and I have gotten use to the 1.5 crop factor for the longer
lenses.  Same effect with with less weight and size.

Aram