[LRflex] Re: IMG: Flags on July 14th

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:05:47 +0200

Thanks Steve.

It is a very funny thing that unlike Luis, I never dare take pictures of people in my home town, but I find it a delight elsewhere ...

Thanks again for your very nice comments. Fear not to let me know when a picture is wrong - I'm on the list to learn too.

Yours
Phil...x

Steve Barbour wrote:

On Sep 13, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Philippe Amard wrote:

Thanks Ted,

I don't run for Pulitzer, I take pictures, and share them, sometimes asking for advice, comments, and even judgement (Lug Contest, entered just to know what it felt like and won 3rd prize once, sheer luck

Non Philippe...actually I would say that it was your excellent photographic eye and talent...

I'd say).
I'm pleased this view was enjoyable to you. I always keep an eye up when visiting places for I like balconies, windows, and their inhabitants. Here is <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Les+Gens/Mona-Slovaque-2.jpg.html>

this is a wonderful, beautiful and very poetic vision... I am not sure that I can put it into words...but then again, that is often true of the very best images...

Steve

another one I like, perhaps you will (OT gear, this time completely, but does it matter?). More to come some day probably.

Thanks again for taking time to comment and help.
Yours
Phil...x

Ted Grant wrote:

Philippe Amard showed:
Subject: [LRflex] IMG: Flags on July 14th

The guy came out and asked ... told him I loved his plants and balcony;

not a lie but ...<<<

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Fun-July-14th-Viva-la-Revol.jpg.html.<<<

Bon jour Philippe mon ami,

Sometimes a photograph makes the viewer feel good simply because it creates a “nice feeling!” As does this one.

Many photographs on list wont win Pulitzer Prizes, that matters not. What does matter when a colourful subject like this comes on screen it makes one feel good and you stay with it much longer enjoying the colour and content.

After all, doesn’t photography of nice interesting events create a better feeling than all the horrid war and destruction crap we see daily on TV and in newspapers?

So merci for a simple clean enjoyable photograph. J

ted