[LRflex] Re: IMG: Fitzgerald Bench

  • From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:55:26 -0700

Hi David.
I think it's just the detail. I did very little post processing other than
a bit of dodging, burning and contrast enhance. Maybe a bit of vibrance,
but not much. The image worked well in BW, but I liked it better in color.
The number of twigs in the trees may have something to do with it, as
perhaps the number of pine needles. If I look at the fence posts, they
appear grainless as does the bench. So that's about all I can think of.
Glad you like and I just saved you a bucket of money by not having to seek
treatment!!
Best,
Bob

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 6:51 AM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Found a new bench at the Fitzgerald Marine Preserve today. Haven't been
> > there in many years and the bench is a new addition.
> >
> > For those who've never been there, it's a very erie spot. Many ghostly
> > looking dead trees.
> >
> > I plan to go back tomorrow as I'm not happy with the lack of focal
> > sharpness on the bench; guess I misread the distance. But I still like
> > this image if the light doesn't cooperate tomorrow.
> >

> > http://www.rgaphoto.com/benches/content/Fitzgerald_Bench_large.html
>
> G'Monrin' Bob!
>
> I'm with Tina.  This would look great, printed large and framed in a
> medic's
> office .. particularly one of a shrink.
>
> The bench, at least in screen size, looks sharp enough to me, as well.
>
> But, I'm curious.  Did you process the shot to create "grain", or something
> similar?  The image is, indeed, eerie, and I am at a loss to understand
> why.
> But whatever you've done, it makes for a spectacular effect. And, if you've
> done nothing, then perhaps I need to see that shrink!
>
> Thanks for sharing this one!
>
> David.
>    http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/

Bob Adler