[LRflex] Re: IMG: Burrowing Owl

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:26:29 -0500

Richard Ward wrote:

Stunning - Terrific - Wow
Query: The background has utterly blurred away. I am wondering how much is
due to the 180mm APO Elmarit and how much is due to some other factors such
as distance to background for example?
<<<

Both the distance to the background and the long lens at wide-ish aperture
are factors.  Good question!  Even with a long lens I often have to deal
with background clutter, like when the owl was on the ground, so when I
want to blur the background I look for distance between the subject and the
background.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com