[LRflex] Re: IMG: British PJ at the air show

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 19:37:09 +0200

Nice, and probably more telling about it all than the one the guy shot ;-)
Nice BW too
Amities
Philippe

Le 5 sept. 16 à 19:25, William Abbott a écrit :

Peter,

Thanks for the lovely image.

What struck me about it is how different your image seems from those of 40 or 50 years ago when b&w reigned supreme, both in sharpness and tones. We’ve come a long way.

Bill

On Sep 5, 2016, at 00:57, Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sunday I went to the "Historic Flight" air show at Paine Field in Everett, WA, USA. On display were a number of WWII aircraft in flying condition. Since it was a period event, I decided to photograph it accordingly, in B&W. Just before I left, I saw a British reporter photographing the cockpit of a Grumman TBM-3E Avenger.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/29179666770/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/ >

Leica MM, 35mm Summicron and a bit of cropping and digital burning- in. Enjoy!

--Peter

------
Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:
http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/
Archives are at:

Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:
  http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/
Archives are at:

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE