[LRflex] Re: IMG: Angels - 11

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 13:18:30 -0800

philippe.amard showed:
" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:25 AM
Subject: [LRflex] IMG: Angels - 11

Philippe mon ami,
I like the wide shot because it breaks the "rules!" Although I would've bent my knees for a slightly lower angle rather than tilting the camera down. Not shooting into the sun often misses the beauty of the light. Does it always work? No, but even when in doubt I shoot it ... "Oh hell shoot it and see what I have later!"

If it were film I'd be a little hesitant about wasting film and only shoot 2 frames. But with digital if there is any question in my mind ... "I wonder what it would it look like ?" I shoot it, bracket and work it from number of angles because it isn't until we're in the quiet of the "light room and computer" can we be absolutely sure it turned out to be a nothing photo. Or something magical. :-)

You can't get it later! So we might as well shoot it in various forms of composition and exposure and delete later! Rather than being sorry we didn't make the effort to "maybe have a neat photo moment!"

This is an interesting addition to the series! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted

Shot long (against the light), ultra-wide (against all rules), and
portrait (50 i.e. 100).

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Angels/?g2_page=2
(Can be seen larger by clicking on the double frame above the image).

Note: I know about the flare issue in the UW one, but I like it so.
Also a camera (movie) crew was there as I shot, staying at the hotel
where the angel lives I guess - the guy was curious about my shooting
against the light, and asked ...
and then had  his tripod and cam positionned the way I had, against
the light  LoL
I'd like to see their takes, anyone of you?

C&C welcome as usual.

Bien cordialement de Metz
Philippe