[LRflex] Re: IMG: An attempt at Street photography

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:12:37 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting shot !
Dave

________________________________
From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, April 22, 2010 3:29:32 AM
Subject: [LRflex] Re: IMG: An attempt at Street photography

Philippe,

A nice set, I prefer the B&W but 'Red Socks' does stand out for me as an
idea.  I don't really mind the graffiti, part of the whole from my point
of view. Street shooting is a very challenging and satisfying genre.
Here is a a couple of recent attempts.

Sometimes you get the shot by just being there and shooting without
thinking very much,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4542465769/sizes/l/

And sometimes just plant yourself with a beverage, look around and wait.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4542465769/sizes/l/>http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4542466323/

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4542466323/sizes/l/>sizes/l/
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4542466323/sizes/l/>

Doing close street shooting is another thing altogether, that is scary.

Walter

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thank you Philippe for wonderful images, especially "Red Socks" - why
> not airbrush out the sad graffiti?  I know, reportage and all that - but
> surely we can interpret what it should be just a little?   Thank you
> again for a precious moment in a terrible day.
>
> Reg
>
> philippe.amard@xxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I finally gave in, it starts here:
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Paris+here+and+there/Le+Rocher+de+Cancale-1160160-2.jpg.html
>> Some may be viewed large I think.
>>
>> Flowers and Phuzzillogix I won't give up though.
>> C&C welcome, but you all know this.
>> Bien cordialement de Mutz.
>> Philippe
>>

>> NO ARCHIVE