[LRflex] Re: IMG: A rainy night in Whitby, UK - comparison versions

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:37:57 +0200

So, here are the altered versions:
A little warmer and a bit more luminance in the lighter colours + one alternative shot.
Starting here:

http://tinyurl.com/5ouy7u

Cheers
Douglas

Douglas Sharp wrote:
Yes Aram,
both shots were RAW and already processed in Lightroom 1.4.1.

I think the problem may be in the ISO settings of 800 or 1600, although Canon shows only minimum noise at these speeds. If I use the noise filters, I also lose resolution.

More when I've experimented a bit more.

Thanks
Douglas

Aram Langhans wrote:
Are they shot in RAW mode? Have you tried lightroom? I have been able to rescue many shots in RAW mode using Lightroom to pull detail from the shadows and then reduce the noise using the controls provided.

Aram

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:27:04 +0200
From: douglas.sharp@xxxxxx
To: lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] IMG: A rainy night in Whitby, UK

Hello all,

A couple more from our recent holiday trip - It rained heavily one
night, not so bad in Whitby, but further north it caused extensive
flooding.
Two shots in the dark and wet streets in the old part of Whitby:

*http://tinyurl.com/5ouy7u
**http://tinyurl.com/6ly32w

*As ever: comments, criticism and damnation welcome.

Douglas

------------------------------------------------------------------------ See how Windows Mobile brings your life together—at home, work, or on the go. See Now <http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093182mrt/direct/01/>