[LRflex] Re: IMG

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:28:34 -0400

On 6/30/2010 5:03 PM, David Simms wrote:
> Miha;
> I concur with the comments given re. the tunnel shot. But, I'm more
> interested in your statement  "I intend to print this in my darkroom". Yes
> !!!!
> There is another photo printer on this list. I'm so glad to learn this
> because, as a very lonely B&W printer, I am feeling very lost and isolated. I
> have even thought of going for counseling.
> All joking aside, Miha, in my present situation I have to use heroic measures
> to print because we live in a small house without a darkroom. I recently
> printed a few shots and I'm probably going to use rotating tube development,
> instead of trays for large prints. i do my tests in small trays but the real
> prints are (and will be) done in tubes, like the ones used for colour
> printing. it works fine. We can talk more about printing, off list, if you
> wish. i don't know how popular the discussion of such antique ways of
> producing prints would now be.
>
> This is great news, Miha.
> Dave

Dave,
     I'd be interested, for one.  I've lived over the well that
I drink from for some time now, and I imagined that this was an
insuperable problem, but it seems this might not be the case after
some research, and I'd like to start doing it again.  You need to
do a lot of things that weren't common in the 70s.
     Also, none of the materials I used when I was in school still
exist except Tri-X, but it seems there are good materials,
but not cheap.
    I imagine that drum processing would work OK if you did the test
print so that the development time was on the long side, say 90
seconds or more.  How big do you want to print?

--
  Charlie Falke                                        _____      /\
  "One test result is worth                       |    |/        `o
    one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun  0  N4003M
  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein