[LRflex] Re: IBIS

  • From: William Abbott <bill2301@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 17:26:58 -0700

David,

A half-second well spent, I’d say.

Good instinct, nicely acted on; camera body mounted IS really has a future.

Bill

On Jul 2, 2015, at 12:39, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

First of all, thank you to Bill,Aram & Ted, for taking the time to comment on
my Canada Day Cool image.

Later, last night, we had the requisite fireworks. I was tired and had
decided not to bother shooting them and just enjoy the show.

But, our little town put on a spectacular show... far better than usual and
one which rivaled the ones I used to see in Victoria, a city roughly 150
times bigger!

So, at the last moment, I decided that the fireworks juxtaposed with an
almost full moon might be interesting.

It wasn't.

But the shot certainly showed the value of the Olympus In Body Image
Stabilization (IBIS) system.

So here's my 2015 Canada Day fireworks shot ... 1/2 second, hand held. Taken
standing on my back deck.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/July1_Fireworks.html

C&C welcomed, as always.

David.