[LRflex] Re: I made it on the cover

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:16:52 +0200

The beauties of nature revealed, and for a good cause. Thanks.
Congratulations on this first time, I hope it is only the start of a long series.
Phil...x

jlee@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

First time my work has been on the cover of something:

http://mcr.aacrjournals.org/current.shtml

We'll it's not reflex photography but it was taken through a Leica DM1L
microscope with a Leica 63X APO objective.  If you think that Leica photo
optics are expensive, this tiny piece of glass (it's about the size of a
thumb) cost almost $10K. Microscope is $50K and the monochrome only camera
cost $20K.  An R9/DMR is a bargain in comparison.

The picture has been pseudocoloured in that what appears as white was
actually red.  Blue is really blue.  The actual size of the image is about
0.25mm x 0.5mm.

Jonathan