[LRflex] Re: I did a bad thing

  • From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:54:17 -0400

Jerry,

Not a person to forget. Her late husband installed a
ground glass screen in my SL in 1974. I sent it to
her 2 1/2 years ago when the meter circuit board
died. She did a complete CLA, replaced the board
and a few other parts and charged me $385 for the
lot. While she was at it, she re-lettered the tiny
print on the base plate in white on my black chrome
SL. Now it literally looks new as I mainly use this rig
only for macro with the 60/2.8. My three M's do most
of my "heavy lifting". :-)

Let's just saw the view is clear enough and the meter
good enough to get the occasional lucky shot like this! :-)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/SL-Macro/LUG154?full=1>

William