[LRflex] Re: Homage to Xavier, etc.

  • From: "W.B. Abbott" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:44:17 -0700

Philippe,

Thanks for the kind words. My wife Marian and her family camped at Yosemite
every year when she was a young girl and I first went there in 1955. We return
every chance we get.

This Gillig bus uses an Allison diesel-electric hybrid system that captures
braking energy, stores it and integrates both energy sources for what I guess
is optimal energy efficiency. Bus manufacturers in Canada and the UK use it
too. More info including a large brochure is at:

http://www.allisontransmission.com/commercial/transmissions/hybrid-bus/

Best,

Bill