[LRflex] Re: Holiday snaps 4 - Strange shop, Fortune Teller and Tea Room

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 01:09:33 +0200

Hello Bob,
thanks for taking a look and your comments.
It's nice to know that at least my photographic life is healthy, most of the holiday was spent trying all the new kinds of cheese that are now on the UK market, various bottled and draught ales (try a bottle of Bombardier if you can find it) and doing things like taking the 2 1/2 hour bus ride to Guisborough just because there's an excellent butcher's shop there. Or to York to eat wonderful Cornish Pasties and wash them down with lemonade freshly made before your very eyes.

As the title says, they are just "Holiday snaps" I wanted to share - and there are more to come when I get around to it. Just things we saw while strolling around, drinking a beer or a coffee, shopping, meeting friends, the annual visit of my mum and dad or all the other world-shattering things one tends to do on holiday :-) .
Best from Hannover
Douglas

bob palmieri wrote:

On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:27 PM, Douglas Sharp wrote:

A couple more from our recent vacation, on the streets of Whitby on a stroll in the West Cliff part of town and down by the harbour:

You never know when you'll need a new one  (Slightly Monty Pythonesque)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Whitby/20070803-_MG_6365-Edit.jpg.html

Tea Room shadows
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Whitby/20070730-_MG_6262-Edit.jpg.html

Silver Street, Whitby
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Whitby/20070807-_MG_6450-Edit.jpg.html

Fortune Teller
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Whitby/20070730-_MG_6282-Edit.jpg.html

If you like them let me know, if you don't then tell me why
Cheers
Douglas

Douglas -

Basically I feel that you did a really good job of snapping the stuff you snapped; if you had been assigned to shoot those things it would be a job well done.

For me, the things themselves are worth a look, but don't have the long looking life of some of your other work.

Basically I consider this part of a healthy photolife, in that you do what you can with what's around and don't feel like if it's not a Big Monumental Subject it's not worth shooting.

Bob Palmieri