[LRflex] Re: High Key - but not be design...

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:53:00 -0700

Maybe the new DSLR's do too many things, as you say, but that doesn't mean
you have to use them all.  The only exposure setting I have used on my Rebel
is M and Av, even when I am using glass designed for the camera.  I use +/-
override, mirror lockup, ISO, and self timer.  The things I do not change
are WB (shoot raw), and metering (matrix).  Everything else is pretty much
left alone.  So, I guess I follow Ted's KISS rule.  I just pretend it is my
R8 or my old Rollei SL-35.  Maybe it can do more, but I don't really care.
I am happy with the images I get.  Not happy with the stop down metering and
lack of linear response of the Canon meter, but at the time Canon was the
only game in town for Leica glass, and I don't feel the need to upgrade.  I
don't think I would get any better shots if I did.  Waiting......   Leica,
keep the R10 simple, like the R8.

That said, I did skim the manual to see if there was anything I might need.
The mirror lock-up is definitely not intuitive, like the R8.

Aram