[LRflex] Re: High Key - but not be design...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:36:35 -0700

I showed  http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Shelby.htm

and Ted said:

WOW David see what happens when you don't read the manual correctly? Beautiful photograph. J

Thanks, Ted. :-)

Shelby is an 18 month old whom we looked after for a few hours, yesterday, so that her Grandma (who usually provides the care) could snowshoe out to a picnic lunch. (Yes, you read that correctly ... It's what we do for fun, 'round here!)

The little kid was pooped out when she arrived at 10:30, and by 11:30, Rose snuggled with her, in a big comfy chair, and started to read to her. They were both asleep, still in the chair, by 11:45, and neither awoke until Shelby's Grandma & Grampa reclaimed her around 2:30!

Rose will tell you that looking after the kid was hard work, but I'm not so sure!

As for the manuals... over the years I've sold thousands of cameras, but until digital came along, I don't think I ever read a single instruction book. I much prefer cameras with few knobs (the M8 as an example) that work like you expect them to. With most dSLRs, sadly, reading the book has become a must, for most of them simply do too many things!

Thanks for looking, and for your comment.

Cheers!
---
David Young
Logan Lake, BC