[LRflex] Re: Hey, what about that Hawaii trip?

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:46:15 +0100

Nice series Aram,

I like tubes and of course the panorama best.
One for the light, the other for the view, and what a view! How did you stictch it all? details welcome.
The flags have their appeal too.
Your R8 will be jealous of the other cam I guess, such a trip and staying home ;-)

Thanks for sharing
Phil...x

Aram Langhans wrote:

Yep, it has been quite a while. Made the trip in Mid September but only got home late October. New ISP problems for about 2 weeks. Upgrade to DSL so I now can really look at photos enmass. The weather was hot and humid and rarely sunny. No helicopter ride for anyone. The few days we were on the big island, the volcano park was socked it. We drove there and at that altitude I was finally comfortable in all the rain, fog and wind. My wife and her dad were not so much. Here are a few photo from the trip. More if you want to poke around in that folder... It was a bit windy on the top of the Pali highway:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Hawaii/A-bit-windy_MG_1230.jpg.html
Chess at sunset:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Hawaii/Chess-players-at-beach_MG_1273.jpg.html
Colorful innertubes at sunset:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Hawaii/Colorful-tubes-at-sunset_MG_1272.jpg.html
Panorama from Diamond Head
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Hawaii/From-diamond-head.jpg.html
Arizona flag
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Hawaii/Flag-at-Arizona-Memorial.jpg.html
Minding the Store (two vendors)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Hawaii/Minding-the-store2_MG_1284.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Hawaii/Minding-the-store_MG_1280.jpg.html
Punchbowl war memorial
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Hawaii/Punchbowl-memorial_MG_1186.jpg.html
That's enough for this post. All of these are on Oahu and, unfortunately, all were taken w/o Leica equipment. I traveled light and left my R8 at home. Rebel XTi and Sigma 17-70 zoom. Sorry if that makes me a not-so-good person..... Aram
Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now! <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/purchase/trial.aspx?s_cid=wl_hotmailnews>