[LRflex] Re: Hey, that 100 APO is a fine lens- now Canon 5D

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica reflex freelists <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:53:02 -0700

That's OK. I can' understand it anyway.  My ignorance.

But to answer you original question, the 5D has the same problem as my Rebel
when it comes to exposure.  That is my experience when I tried my friend's 5D.
I would assume that every Canon has the same metering setup, so every Canon
will have the exposure problem as you stop the lens down.  There is no chip
that tells the camera what f-stop you have your lens set at, as there is no
adapter that looks for the 3rd cam or a ROM connection with a Leica lens.

Aram