[LRflex] Re: Heron Hunting... phx's contribution

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 07:08:54 -0700

Philippe offered;:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Oiseaux/>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Oiseaux/

You are a lucky man, indeed, Philippe, to be able to shoot Heron's on the way to lunch! (Exercising you new Oly 70~300, were you?)

The series is interesting .. though, to be honest, some of the shots I find lacking (focus, blur, composition, etc.).

However, 04-heron-gotcha2 is a shot I'd give my eye-teeth for! Composition & focus are "bang-on", but it's the light ... on both the background and the Heron that makes it. The bird is caught at the peak of the action, while the background, because of the light, makes the Heron leap right out of the image.

If it were my shot, I might crop it a wee bit, but all I can really say is:

"Wow!  I wish I'd taken that shot!"

For those who have not looked, see http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Oiseaux/04-heron-gotcha2.jpg.html

Well done, Philippe!