[LRflex] Re: Hawaii

  • From: bob palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:52:32 -0500

Regarding the Hawaii shots currently at
http://homepage.mac.com/bobpalmieri/PhotoAlbum18.html

LEICAFLEX wrote

> Hi Bob:
> Somehow I liked the B&W ones best ~ although some of the bird shots
> (like the owl on a stump with bokeh-rich background) were very
> pleasing to the eye as well.  The only half-way critical comment is
> that the lava flows look like every other lava flow shot coming from
> the Big Island....but I wonder how one can develop a different point
> of view regarding flowing magma.  NICE WORK!  Keep 'em coming!  Really
> liked the B&W's....eh...think I said that already ;-) !
> ~ Eric

Eric -

Thanks for the observant observations!

Y'know... this buncha stuff hasn't been really picked through (nor
have the individual images been tweaked to final versions) so it was
just sort of a "something for manybody" throw-up.  Color, B&W, good
birds, bad birds, happy snaps, scenics (one of my weakest suits, I
think) etc.

However, I think more of the scenic stuff is gonna end up as tweaked-
out B&W (with the ever-popular slide-the-sliders-in-the-channel-mixer
method).  Actually, this also brings up some tech questions about
digital capture that I'll address specifically "down the road a piece."

Regarding the lava shots (which need even more attention) I admit to
a complete ignorance of the larger body of lava work, so I guess I
just ended up barking up the same old tree as other, more seasoned
snappers... (although I intend to put some work into the "Lava &
Moon" thing when I get some new trial software).

Bob Palmieri