[LRflex] Hasselblad X-Pan, the panoramic "M" ?

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:45:36 -0800

Hi all,
Talking about scanned C41 films, here are results from scanned
Fujicolor 200 taken using the 90/4 lens made by Fuji on the Hasselblad
X-Pan in normal mode:

http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=3820
http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=3823

and the 45/4 lens in normal mode:
http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=3770
http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=3769
(latter was posted before on this list)

Here are more examples taken in the X-Pan's Panoramic mode with the 45/4:

http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=3775
http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=3776

http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=3764
http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=3800
http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=3802

Comments and critiques always welcome!
Personally, I found the shots with 200ASA film being prone to camera
shake due to the overcast daylight with a min f-stop of 4.0.  That's
when I missed the Summicron 35/2.  However, the out-of-focus areas of
the Fuji lenses have a nice smoothness that reminds me of some older
Leica SM lenses.  Also, I've heard that these lenses are actually
designed for medium format hence they are bound to be good on 35mm
format.

BTW I used a low priced CanoScan 8400F (purchased almost a year back)
for these scanes; it came with templates allowing regular 35mm as well
as XPan format, and 6X6 medium format too.  I typically prefer to use
the full Photoshop software for post-processing, but for these snaps I
used Photoshop Elements 2.0, which came bundled with the CanoScan.

Regards, Eric Chan