[LRflex] Re: Hard to see

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 13:43:08 -0700

Marc,

Thanks for the denouement of the story, which might be called, "A Warthog's
Lucky Day." In the same vein as "Waiting for Godot," the star of the play is
never seen.

Almost all, if not all, the videos I've ever seen of lions in action after prey
show only one or more lionesses at the kill and the absence of the males was
always remarked upon, but the males' separation from the pride and subsequent
lack of training and experience (mentoring, actually) was never mentioned as
the reason.

Thanks again,

Bill