[LRflex] Re: Hard to see

  • From: "Marc Dufour" <foto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:13:11 +0200

Hello Bill !

Male lions have a big problem: they don't know to hunt effectively.
Lioness are the leader of the pride and learn strategy to hunt all together,
usually a group of sisters.
However, male lions have to leave the pride when they are still young and
never learn adequately these group tactics.
They compensate it with their natural strength, in some way, but generally
take part on the hunt only when the lioness group has already performed the
most part of it -and often only to appropriate the prey- or, in any case, to
help if this one is a very big one, as a buffalo.
In other words, male lions are awesome, but rather lazy and incompetent ;-)
It's why its number is progressively decreasing in the Tanzanian parks.

In this picture, the lioness wasn't alone. She had two sisters waiting,
hidden in the grass, about 100 meters away.
She was watching a warthog wich finally moved away in another direction.
It never will know what it escaped...

Go to Africa, Bill, you'll never regret!
And thanks a lot for your kind words.
Marc