[LRflex] Re: "Had no time on Friday" flowers some fuzzy for Philippe

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 23:07:26 +0200

Thank you my dear Douglas.

I don't deserve such a gift.
I don't know the gear you've used (Mark would have helped I'm sure), but it is second to the wonderful feeling I have when viewing these suggestions of flowers - just like in erotism, flowers sometimes benefit from not being unmasked into the too crude light of realism - and this you've perfectly achieved here. Kudos ! The Broom flowers look like octopuses, superb!

Thanks for the incipit, and for sharing these beauties.

(I have glycina coming too, and went in a rush tonight for a reshoot following Steve's suggestion, to be developed later in the week, probably)
Bien amicalement de Metz.
Philippe

Douglas Sharp wrote:

The long weekend was booked solid with visiting friends and too much excellent food, so the Friday flowers were shot about a couple of hours ago. :-)

A couple of fuzzy ones for Philippe - partly moved by the breeze, partly infinitesimal DOF.

Technical stuff: Canon 20D, LTM to EOS adapter, Steinheil Cassarit 2.8/45mm, Canon LTM 1.4/50mm

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/11_MG_9467.jpg.html (Fuzzy - Cassarit wide open)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/22_MG_9469.jpg.html (Un-fuzzy -Cassarit at f8)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/33_MG_9472.jpg.html (Glycinia - Canon 1.4/50)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/41_MG_9474.jpg.html (Glycinia - Canon 1.4/50 at f1.4)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/52_MG_9475.jpg.html (Flowering broom - fuzzy in the breeze)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/63_MG_9476.jpg.html (Flowering broom - fuzzy in the background)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/74_MG_9478.jpg.html (White Bleeding Heart)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/85_MG_9481.jpg.html (Small, vivid and reasonably fuzzy)

BTW, the Steinheil Cassarit is for a Braun Paxette, it is LTM, but it has a different register in comparison with other typical LTM lenses.

Hope you like them
Douglas