[LRflex] Re: Going digital - Advice sought - Thanks in anticipation

  • From: "Dave Saalsaa" <dsaalsaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 08:19:51 -0500

Hi Philippe,
  I have been using the 20D with Leica and other brand lenses for about a
year now.  It does well with them including the 24mm Elmarit.   I also have
converted some of my old Minolta SR mount lenses by modifying the EOS to M
42 adaptors to replace the Minolta SR mount.  Plus using the many fine Carl
Zeiss lenses in Contax mount with the EOS to Contax adapter.   Douglas Sharp
has been doing the same thing and has shared his info with me on lenses so
it is possible to use many more lenses with the Canon EOS mount than the
Nikon mount.   The 30 D would operate in the same was with some improvements
over the 20D in terms of metering and LCD screen size.  Photos from both 20D
and 30D should be about the same though.    I saw just do and and have fun
with using a plethora of fine lenses on it.

Dave