[LRflex] Re: Glory

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:26:19 +0200

Superb David ! I feel lucky you were there with the trusted camera :-)

As to glory, this is what I'd call a glory even though I can't recall the nasa site address ...
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/IRELAND-2oo7/Glory-Ted-3-wsatured.jpg.html

Keep carrying the gear and shoot what needs being clicked, you do it so well !

Amities
Philippe

Le 17 oct. 13 à 18:51, David Young a écrit :

This shot is of the pre-dawn, taken in northern Alberta, last week.

It shows a curious phenomenon that I'd never seen before, apparently caused by
ice crystals in the air.  The locals call it a "Glory".

Can anyone shed light on how it's caused and/or what it's real name might be?

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Glory.html

C&C welcomed, as always.

David.

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE