[LRflex] Re: Gear: 39 megapix only B&W back

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:10:40 -0500

Wow George,
     that looks like an Absolutely Incredible way to shoot magnificent
Black & White Images, not to mention a very cool method for exploring
the Infrared Spectrum, as well. Let me guess the price: 10,000 Dollars/
Euros.
    IIRC, you've got a lot of medium format and view cameras up for
sale - considering keeping some of it to use with this new back?
    What I find a frightening prospect is that if you don't have a
camera to shoot with the back upon, you'd be tossing in a PhaseOne/
Hasselblad etc Body or 2"x3" View Camera and a lens or two for another
10 to 15 thousand. (Just guessing on those #'s and wouldn't be
surprised if I lowballed it!) That's 25K Bucks just to take your the
first shot! That's a terrifying thought to consider. It's also a
helluva risk contemplating the depreciation if it turns out you don't
like using it! :-)
    If I won the Lottery, I'd probably end up with some sort of Medium
Format Digital, maybe even this one, but short of that it's an insane
option! :-) Wonderful option, but still crazy.

R in Mi