[LRFlex] Re: Gary's R8 woes

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:22:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Noel Yates <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why cameras have to be as complicated as the R8 I don't know. There are
> only three controls on a camera: f-stop, shutter speed, distance. Why the
> complicated electronic wrappers around these fundamentals?

I'm still using SL and SL2 bodies.  It's a shame I have to jump through hoops
to keep them working and to get the latest lenses modified to fit them.  Armed
with a manual and a micro-tools catalog I've begun doing my own service on
them, and have brought 2 back from the dead after Sherry refused to work on
them.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com