[LRflex] Fwd: Happy New Year

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:36:52 -0800

Hi,

Please ignore this e-ail. It got away before I was finished with it!

Thanks,

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

From: "William B. Abbott III" <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: December 31, 2008 2:34:05 PM PST
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Happy New Year

Dear Flexers,

I send all my best wishes to you for health, happiness, and prosperity in the new year.

Here is a cloud picture made from a moving, small, 12 passenger tour bus in which I rode around Ireland for 12 days last spring. I learned to basically shoot with wide open lenses and higher than normal (to me) ISO.

I had an M8 and 28mm f/2, 50mm f1.4, and 90mm f/2 lenses with me.

This was shot at ISO 320 and 1/1000 out the side window as we went over a small bridge and on my monitor in the lower right corner you can see some orange flare, from the bus window I believe.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/wbabbott3/20080429-L1057626.jpg.html

Is a favorite view, made after a storm was clearing out last January.

Details: DMR/R9 & 21-35 Vario at 24mm, 1/250 sec and ISO 100.

Bill