[LRflex] Fw: Sad News for Photographers in the USA

  • From: "Nevin B. Greninger" <greninnb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:54:36 -0500

Greetings from Nevin.

We need to futher preserve the interest in photography for both film and
digital format, even during trying times.

I enjoy reading the Leica Reflex Group's many interesting discussions about
cameras, image processing, etc. as well as seeing great pictures and comments
about them.

I would enjoy reading more comments about ISO noise and its treatment.  It
would be nice to see pictures posted of before and after filtration treatments
of digital images.  I have read about the use of Noise Ninga and NoiseWare but
have not yet pursued them.

Hobbies are like therapy for me. The power of sharing information should be a
blessed one.  Even in bad times we need to look forward and do something good.
Let's still buy film!   Let's help keep processing film labs open.  Let's not
just use digital cameras.   It's nice to combine photography with another hobby.

As per David's suggestion, below is a link I am sharing with you about the Ritz
camera firm's misfortune.

Kind regards,

Nevin from near Pittsburgh, PA in the USA (born June 20, 1936)